Date:      Sun, 14 May 2000 22:05:28 -0600
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        "Shameek Basu" <shameek_basu@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Out of inodes!

On Sat, 13 May 2000 23:11:01 PDT  "Shameek Basu" wrote:
 +------------------
 | >On Sat, 13 May 2000 21:18:08 PDT  "Shameek Basu" wrote:
 | >  +------------------
 | >  | Hi,
 | >  |
 | >  |     I did a df and this was the output:
 | >  +------------------
 | >
 | >run df -i, you may find something interesting.
 | >

 | Are there some directories in /var that I can delete w/o harming the system?
 |
 | Shameek
 |
 | >chris

 +------------------

The /var/db/pkgs directory gets pretty big. Much of what is there are just
small files rather than symbolic links.  I moved it
from the /var mount point and put it elsewhere.  One way to acomplish this
is to do the following:

    mkdir /usr/var.db.pkg
    cd /var/db/pkg
    pax -rwvpe * /usr/var.db.pkg