Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:34:42 -0400
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        mkc@larryboy.graphics.cornell.edu
Subject:   4.0-R panic during install: panic: nexus_setup_intr: NULL irq resource!

Greetings,

I have a machine that is getting a panic during installation.
Unfortunately this is during the first boot from the CD after the
initial kernel configuration (or not, if I skip the initial
configuration opportunity). I have used this same CD to install 4.0-R
on 2 other machines with no problems.  The panic message is:

panic: nexus_setup_intr: NULL irq resource!

Putting a 3.4-R CD in the same system does not result in a panic
condition.

Searching via the web site I see this was reported to freebsd-bugs
on 9-April-2000 (#17883) by Adam Durana, but there are no responses
shown there.

Has anyone found a workaround for this?

-Mitch