Date:      Thu, 04 Apr 2002 09:35:38 -0500
From:      "Jonathan Arnold" <jdarnold@buddydog.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: some newbie questions

>> 2.why dosent the the tab (for command completion )
>> work for normal users.i have the user in the wheel
>> group.
>Putting users in the wheel group allows them to su to root - probably not
>what you're looking for. I think the default user shell in BSD is /bin/sh

It is odd, isn't it, that so many people think that adding the user to
the wheel group somehow will turn on TAB completion. This is the second
person in the last couple of days that both had this problem and tried
to solve it by adding the user to the wheel group. Where did this bit
of (false) legend start, I wonder?

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
Daemon Dancing in the Dark, a FreeBSD weblog: