Date:      Wed, 09 Aug 1995 05:14:17 +0100
From:      Gary Palmer <gary@palmer.demon.co.uk>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        cshenton@apollo.hq.nasa.gov, jc@irbs.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: client & server ppp

In message <199508090400.OAA03763@godzilla.zeta.org.au>, Bruce Evans writes:
>>again from home. FBSD pppd also consumes all CPU available: on a
>>system with two pppds, they both run at 50%. W.R.T. die-on-hangup and

>I've never seen an overhead problem in pppd.

I belive it's related to the problem with the non-working proxyarp
option. I've certainly seen this in post 2.0 system, and a friend was
griping at me for ages to fix it (not running pppd locally made it
difficult :-( ).

I thought I saw a patch for the proxyarp problem floating around, and
it may have gone into the source tree, although a quick look through
usr.sbin/pppd/*.c's log messages doesn't show anything obvious.

Gary