Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 1999 12:12:07 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Ben Hockenhull <benh@blues.jpj.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel n440bx support?

Ben Hockenhull wrote:

> At any rate, these boxes come with the Intel n440BX motherboard,
> which has integrated 10/100 ethernet (Intel EtherExpress PRO/100+) and
> integrated ultra scsi.

	I've got many of these boards at work and they are quite good. The
Intel NIC is the best one for FreeBSD anyway, and the SCSI card is
supported by the ncr0 driver. Make sure to double-check all of your BIOS
settings, especially for SMP. If you plan to plug them into a serial
console make sure to enable the feature to dump the BIOS boot messages
to the console as well. It's pretty slick. I've found that the VT100
emulation with XON-XOFF works the best.

Good luck,

Doug
PS, Order some CD's from Walnut Creek and they send you a whole bunch of
stickers. :)
--
"Let 'er work."

    - Mel Gibson as Porter, "Payback"