Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 17:43:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   RFC 1323 isn't broken

Well, we finally figured out what the problem was with RFC 1323.  As
it turned out, the problem with the Tigon driver recently fixed by
Bill Paul was the actual culprit.  Because RFC 1323 options are sent
in every packet, they caused some packets to be just large enough to
trigger the ti driver bug which would not have been that size without
the options.

(For those of you using cvsup3.freebsd.org your connections should now
stop hanging.  Hopefully ftp5.freebsd.org will be completely updated
by the end of the evening as well.)

-GAWollman