Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2002 22:45:02 -0500
From:      Allen Landsidel <all@biosys.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   (solved) multihomed routing woes..

[please reply off-list.. not subscribed.]

----- original message quote ----
Ok.. for several hours I've been banging my head against the proverbial
brick wall, trying to resolve an issue that's been a nuisance for some time.

To start from the begining.. my network looks like this :

[LAN] <--> [firewall] <--> [router] <--> [internet]
----- original message quote end ----

I've solved this problem by bypassing the ipfw stateful rules for the
nat'ed address.

I've written a rather long-winded explaination of the problem, and a simple
solution, and stuck them up on my website.

Hopefully if anyone else still has this sort of problem (there were tons in
the list archives) then this will help get them rolling.

The url is : http://rfnj.org/misc/ipfw_stateful_natd.html

-Allen