Date:      Sun, 1 Jul 2012 12:41:58 +0100
From:      Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>
To:        Michael Scheidell <scheidell@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Patching files after install?

On Jul 1, 2012 12:33 PM, "Michael Scheidell" <scheidell@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 7/1/12 1:07 AM, Benjamin wrote:
>>
>> I am nearing the end of my first ever port, Altera Quartus II design
software, to FreeBSD. Not so much of a "port" however, as it is just a big
archive of Linux binaries, libraries and scripts.

>> I have a question regarding one of these scripts. Every binary installed
by this program has an associated shell script wrapper that sets up paths,
and checks the environment. They currently fail when they can't find SSE
extensions because they are looking for /proc/cpuinfo. That's fine I have
amended the script, but by which mechanism do I include this amended script
in the port?

>> It is not really a patch, because it is applied *after* the install. At
the moment I am just doing:

> is there any reason you didn't path the source? that is done normally.
and by PATCHDIR, you mean the already defined '${FILESDIR}' ?

PATCHDIR does exist, but not for long... use FILESDIR.

Chris