Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2000 00:28:10 +0000
From:      "Kevin Weiss" <kweiss@jump.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NATD and port redirections

My NATD doesn't seem to be redirecting smtp requests from my
firewall machine to my internal mail server. Can somebody tell me
if the following configuration is correct?

I created /etc/rc.natd, and here's the output.

#Initial Setup
use_socket yes
same_ports yes
unregistered_only yes

#Port Redirection Rules
. . . (other redirects commented out for now)
redirect_port tcp 192.168.1.2:25 25
. . .(other redirects commented out for now)

In my firewall rules (using a "simple" firewall), I have the following:
. . .
$fwcmd add 804 allow tcp from any 25 to ${oip}
$fwcmd add 804 allow tcp from ${oip} to any 25
. . .

My /etc/rc.conf entries look like so:
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_type="simple"
natd_enable="YES"
natd_interface="pn0"
natd_flags="-f /etc/rc.natd"

The firewall machine is a FreeBSD 3.4-Stable. #9. If there's any
other information I should provide, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Kevin Weiss
kweiss@jump.net