Date:      Sun, 24 May 1998 22:04:57 +0000
From:      Anthony Kim <tkim@mcs.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RFC822 errors

I continue to get the following errors only when I send mail
to certain mailing lists and not others.
I have no idea why this is the case and I don't have this
error under NT.

Comments: RFC822 error: <W> Incorrect or incomplete address field found
                            and ignored.
Comments: RFC822 error: <W> Incorrect or incomplete address field found
                            and ignored.
Comments: RFC822 error: <E> Mail origin cannot be determined.
Comments: RFC822 error: <E> Original tag data was -> anthony

Situation:
OS=FreeBSD 2.2.6-STABLE (as well as Linux kernel 2.0.33)
Mailer: Communicator 4.05-us
SMTP, not sendmail

FWIW, I'm online via a ISP#2 and retrieve mail via POP
from ISP#1. My email address in Netscape is set for my
ISP#1. I get the error when I fill in the reply to: field
and when I leave it blank. And hostname is set with
hostname.ISP#2.com

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks,
Anthony

--
Fingerprint: 	2CDE 798E 4140 332C 72D9  0F57 B786 DA9B CBC3 4592
"The conclusion I have reached is that reading is an operation