Date:      Mon, 08 May 2000 00:20:52 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   WordPerfect far from being perfect ...

Dear FreeBSD'ers,

I have just installed Wordperfect 8 via the port under a 3.4-STABLE
(as of 25 April) system of mine.

It is no joy. When I load it for the first time, it takes *minutes*
just to show a "save file" window or an "open file" window on my PIII
450 Mhz 384MB RAM. Then it behaves normally. Resources should BY NO
MEANS be an issue. I can't seem to find information about this problem
in the archives.

Is anyone else experiencing this ? Is WP8 simply hopeless for the time
being ? Am I missing anything ?

Thanks in advance,
Salvo