Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2012 06:54:37 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
To:        Thomas Mueller <mueller23@insightbb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (no subject)

>> and do you need this for a non-server? Adobe don't want us (FreeBSD users)
>> to use their closed-source software. And i respect their will and don't
>> use it. Which resulted in much easier browsing by the way :)
>
> Some, too many, web sites are difficult or impossible to access without Adobe Flash.

true. but this is actually great filter that save your time. such sites
doesn't have any real contents.

> Adobe may discontinue Linux version of Flash plugin except when bundled with Chrome browser.
>
> I personally would like to see HTML 5 wipe Adobe Flash off the face of the earth.

true.

> Gnash is great on YouTube but seems to work nowhere else.

i rarely run gnash.

youtube is not a problem, use youtube-dl from ports and do download videos
to disk drive, then watch instead of having movies "in the internet",
where they can disappear everytime youtube decide that you should's watch
it.