Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 10:01:10 +0300 (IDT)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Wilton Hughes <unixsa@northlink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to put FreeBSD on raw hard disk

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Wilton Hughes wrote:

> We have been using FreeBSD for some time and of course have all our
> file systems backed up regularly.
>
> Now we want to replace our hard disk with a much bigger one.
>
> How do I go about loading FreeBSD from the CD-ROM onto a new hard
> disk?

What do you mean by that? You can make a fresh installation onto the new
disk and then copy off the old one whatever you need. Basically, if you
do a fresh install of the same version you already have on the old disk
you can pretty much just copy everything over (because if you'll
overwrite something, it will be with an exact copy of it).

> Wilton Hughes                   520-776-8272
> 3682 Estate Drive
> Prescott, Arizona 86303-7523
> unixsa@northlink.com

Nadav