Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 2000 20:58:20 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quiet cpu fans

Brett Glass writes:
> At 08:56 PM 7/28/2000, David Kelly wrote:
>
> >Room was so loud with so much air moving thru it that I kept a stocking
> >cap and shooter's earmuffs in my office. People knew where I was going
> >when I was wearing my protective gear.
>
> Rushing air can be nice. The pink noise it produces masks lots of other
> distracting sounds.

In my case it was enough to turn my sinuses on full blast. Sore throat
and ear infection was the overnight outcome from the drainage.

So I donned at least the stocking cap even when giving tours to VIP's.

Am out of that business now. But to this day I keep electric pink ear
plugs in my pocket, desk, briefcase... I like the $1.78 10-pack from
Walmart best. They mostly get used at highway speeds on my motorcycle.
But are as handy as a stapler at the office.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net