Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 1995 10:03:15 -0600
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: PLEASE help -- lpr

    >>  For a PostScript printer, CR/LF translation won't affect
    >> ANYTHING.

    Christoph> I didn't say this. I said 'printing ascii files' - see
    Christoph> above.

Ooops, sorry.  Itchy R-key finger.

    Christoph> Most printers are connected to parallel ports these
    Christoph> days.

Unfortunate, as PostScript talks back to spooler host, and our current
lpt driver doesn't allow two-way ``Bitronics'' communication.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Lab, Boulder Colorado USA

There was a power outage at a department store yesterday. Twenty
people were trapped on the escalators. -- Steven Wright