Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2012 19:45:03 +0530
From:      kota saikrishna <kotasaikrishna28@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Checkpointing of simple programs in FreeBSD

I found that checkpointing and restart of a process is available for
DragonFlyBSD.
I need this feature for FreeBSD. How can I checkpoint simple programs in
FreeBSD such that they can be restored and run from the checkpointed state?
For example, can someone tell me the steps so that I can checkpoint a small
program (that prints a few lines say) half way through its run, and then
restore it and print the rest of the lines?