Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2023 16:33:13 -0800
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        Jon Radel <jon@radel.com>
Cc:        Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: py39-certbot-2.6.0,1

> On Nov 17, 2023, at 15:15, Jon Radel <jon@radel.com> wrote:
>=20
> On Fri, 17 Nov 2023 13:45:02 -0800
> Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org> wrote:
>=20
>> Thanks. I didn=E2=80=99t know that. However the web server doesn=E2=80=99=
t handle different certs for multiple clients. Hence I have to use the =
combined cert. I guess I=E2=80=99ll add multiple cert support to the =
server=20
>=20
> Hmmmm....are you actually running WN 2.6.1?  There's a server I've not =
heard the name of in a couple of decades.

That is the current version.  I have been running it since the late =
90's.  I am doing the maintenance/improvements on it now. =20

>=20
> I'm actually surprised that it got SNI support for multiple TLS sites =
on the same IP address.  It seems to be rather abandoned now.

I don't recall when that was introduced.  It's been many years.  I =
suspect it was when SSLEay was incorporated.

>=20
> Unless of course you're simply having your server fib a bit about its =
name.

No need for that.  The real name is pretty much meaningless to almost =
everyone.  I am actually surprised anyone recognized it.

-- Doug