Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 1995 06:55:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        sns@s1208.infonet.net (sergey stepanenko)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cd-rom problems

sergey stepanenko writes:

> Hello!
>
> got some problems. when booting - getting :
>
> (ahb0:6:0):  "MEDIAVIS RENO CD-ROMX2A 2.03" is a type 5 removable
> SCSI  2  cd0(ahb0:6:0):  CD-ROM  cd0(ahb0:6:0):  UNIT   ATTENTION
> asc:28,0  Not ready to ready transition, medium may have ch anged
> cd0: could not get size drive empty

Everyone seems to be getting these messages.  They may not be a
problem and I will catch "asc:28,0" and not log it.

> and then if I trying to mount it - the whole scsi bus gets reset-
> ted, or if I trying to play cd - HDD hangs...

This is unique to you, though.  Have you ever been able to use this CD?

Unfortunately the only CD drive I have is internal in a Microsoft
Windows box.  I'll remove it and try it on the FreeBSD system soon.

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936