Date:      Sat, 18 Sep 1999 13:59:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "S. Nickels" <snickels@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multi-OS setup....

As your webpage said, I'm not exactly sure where to post this question, so
here it is for you guys. :)
I've been running Linux for a while but have recently moved to FreeBSD.
I also run a number of applications in Windows. On my Linux
setup, I had a 4GB drive running Linux, and a 2GB drive running Windows.
However, the setup I used was a little bizarre; when I installed Windows
on the second drive, I had connected that drive as the primary and only
drive, so Windows wouldn't start doing anything weird with the other
drive. So, both drives ended up having boot sectors.
In Linux, all I had to do was point Lilo to the other drive, and the
other drive's boot sector would take care of the rest. But I can't seem to
get that to work under BSD. (BSD now occupies the space that Linux did;
Windows is still where it was) Through the /stand/sysinstall routine, I've
tried every combination of setting the Windows drive bootable or not, and
creating a new master boot record, or not creating a master boot record,
and every time I go to reboot, if I choose the windows drive, the system
just hangs. I can boot into windows if I hook up the windows drive as
primary, but right now that's the only way.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
--Steve Nickels