Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2017 23:18:55 -0500
From:      Matthew Donovan <kitche@kitchetech.com>
To:        Dewayne Geraghty <dewaynegeraghty@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Licence practice for dependencies - making use of more restrictive licences optional

Well you have a point however some ports require gpl software to compile
like opendnssec it is just a build requirement and not a run dependant. You
would need to speak with developers to have them change their software to
not depend on these restricted licenses.

As looking at the build system for opendnssec it requires gnugrep due to
flags it uses for grep.