Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 22:45:25 -0700
From:      "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        Kevin Weiss <kweiss@jump.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: NATD and port redirections

On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 12:28:10AM +0000, Kevin Weiss wrote:
> My NATD doesn't seem to be redirecting smtp requests from my
> firewall machine to my internal mail server. Can somebody tell me
> if the following configuration is correct?
>
> I created /etc/rc.natd, and here's the output.
>
> #Initial Setup
> use_socket yes
> same_ports yes
> unregistered_only yes
>
> #Port Redirection Rules
> . . . (other redirects commented out for now)
> redirect_port tcp 192.168.1.2:25 25
> . . .(other redirects commented out for now)
>

> In my firewall rules (using a "simple" firewall), I have the following:
> . . .
> $fwcmd add 804 allow tcp from any 25 to ${oip}
> $fwcmd add 804 allow tcp from ${oip} to any 25
> . . .

Not enough info, the 'ipfw show,' input would be usefull, but I
supsect this is your problem. If you based your ruleset on the
distributed rc.firewall, the address has probably already been
translated when it hits this rule and does not pass.
--
Crist J. Clark                           cjclark@alum.mit.com