Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 2002 19:14:39 +0200
From:      Marco van Tol <bsd-mobile@tols.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3com AirConnect 3CRWE62092B-E1 wlan pc card

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 09:31:01AM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <002d01c25673$af0bf760$63592780@orion.org>
>             "Marcin Kot" <Marcin.Kot@iu.hio.no> writes:
> : I'm wondering if the 3com AirConnect 3CRWE62092B-E1 wlan pc card is
> : supported in FreeBSD. I've searched through mailing lists and newsgroups,
> : and the few articles I found might state that it's unsupported. My primary
> : reason for buying such a card, is that it has a retractable xjack antenna
>
> No.  It isn't supported.  It is on my wish list.  The problem is that
> it uses the No Wires Necessary interface, which is quite a bit
> different than the lucent cards.

In case you want somebody to test some things with this card, let me know.

It would be benefitial to me if support for that card would be implemented.

I am also guessing it would be educational to be part of the testing
part of this cards driver. (Hack, it may teach me enough to be able to
iniate some more helpful action some next time ;-)

I am willing to give you all the help I am capable of. ;-)

Marco van Tol

--
Marco van Tol [mailto:marco@tols.org] [http://www.tols.org]