Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 1999 15:20:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        wwoods@cybcon.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS Problems....

william woods wrote,
> I am trying to set up a client and server with NFS mounting.....here are the
> pertenant parts of rc.conf for each. The ptroblem I am haveing is that the
> rpc.lockd and rpc.statd hang the server system on boot....

[snip config]>

> Any why the rpc.lockd and rpc.statd would hang the server system on boot?

Have you tried waiting them out for a few minutes? Any connections
they are attmpting may time out after a few minutes. They might be
having trouble talking to portmap. Can you start them from the command
line after the system boots? Try running it from the command line with
the '-d' option. BTW, I don't think the client has anything to do with
this if the server will not even start the RPC daemons properly.

Finally, is this machine a firewall? Firewall rules could be
interfering with inter-process communication.