Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 1997 09:51:46 +0100
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>, Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>, freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mmap/mlock problem

On Tue, Oct 28, 1997 at 06:06:24PM +1030, Mike Smith wrote:

> > The portion of code behaves correctly when executed in the
> > driver but executed in the user process (being root) it behaves
> > differently. (accessing the memory region mapped by the driver).
>
> Ah, now I understand.  I think you said this before.
>
> Can you show us how you are mapping, and then accessing the device?
> It sounds like you've got something confused in either the driver or
> the application, as the memory region itself is OK.

I've uploaded the following programs to my home account on freefall:
(Uploading into ~ftp/incoming seems to be barred now though I was able to
 create a directory in there :)

freefall:~kuku/

POW          kernel config file
if_can.c      /sys/i386/isa/if_can.c - the ISA driver for the interface

can16boo.c   the user program portion of the failing section. look for XXX
can16mod.c   the user space mapping of the ISA memory