Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 02:44:47 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        ambrisko@whistle.com (Doug Ambrisko)
Cc:        hohmuth@innocent.com, tege@matematik.su.se, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netboot

> | Torbjorn Granlund <tege@matematik.su.se> writes:
> |
> | > Anybody out there that has made netboot work with fxp or de 100baseTX cards?
> |
> | There's a package called Etherboot ("archie etherboot") which is based
> | However, I think this driver can only be built under Linux; it would
> | require some hacking to make it compilable natively under FreeBSD.
> add back in the FreeBSD boot loader.  They have added some really
> nice features over the original FreeBSD code.  I can post a diff

a few questions to those who have looked at this code:
    1) which cards does etherboot support ?
    2) how hard would it be to make etherboot compilable under FreeBSD ?
    3) what "nice features" are you referring to except the 100Mbit
       support ? about last 1yr ago we managed to make netboot get all
       of its data from bootpd without having the annoying TFTP
       configuration file -- that was in my opinion a significant
       improvement.

	thanks
	luigi