Date:      Wed, 08 Jan 1997 14:59:19 +0500
From:      A JOSEPH KOSHY <koshy@india.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au
Subject:   Re: X11R6.3 in 2.2

>>>>> "dd" == "David Dawes" <dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au> said:

dd> The stock R6.3 release should compile pretty much "out of the box" on
dd> FreeBSD 2.1.6 and later anyway.  R6.3 includes the XFree86 3.2

It does compile straight out of the box on 3.0-current (as of a week
back).  The default FreeBSD.cf assumes gcc 2.6.X and invokes gcc with
-fno-strength-reduce.  This option can be removed now safely I guess.

The freshly built XFree86 SVGA server has been up without a hitch for
over a week now and I've been having fun playing around with the new
application embedding extensions.

Koshy
<koshy@india.hp.com>		My Personal Opinions Only.