Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2000 08:00:11 +0100
From:      "InvictaNet Customer Support" <support@invictanet.co.uk>
To:        "Freebsd-ISP" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Cold fusion / FreeBSD / Apache / PHP /MySQL

Picking up on Alex's point.

We use php4 (+ modssl etc) on FreeBSD 3.4.
What I think is needed is "pressure" on the producers of shrink wrapped
software (Macromedia et al) to remind them that more people use Apache on
xxnix  than are ever likely to use IIS on NT. Even Frontpage has been
adapted to work on a decent os (although we have decided only to support it
on NT).

Just my 2 pence worth

Martyn Routley
InvictaNet - The Internet in Plain English, Guaranteed
http://www.invictanet.co.uk
mailto:info@invictanet.co.uk
phone: 0870 7402252
fax: +44 (0)1233 334001