Date:      Thu, 15 Dec 2016 00:03:06 +0100
From:      "John W. Kitz" <John.Kitz@xs4all.nl>
To:        Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>, 'Ian Lepore' <ian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        'Ganbold Tsagaankhuu' <ganbold@gmail.com>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: When first hooking up a cubieboard2...
References:  <585066dd.1c7c630a.8fe44.4233SMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN@mx.google.com> <CAGtf9xPQq1qGjmHci4n52uXx=E%2ByuHrNkRcuAyDDQvRt8a5rYQ@mail.gmail.com> <001101d25626$d4c71ad0$7e555070$@Kitz@xs4all.nl> <1481739755.1889.376.camel@freebsd.org> <001101d25641$0e794fe0$2b6befa0$@Kitz@xs4all.nl> <1481749803.1889.406.camel@freebsd.org> <001701d25654$111d4c20$3357e460$@Kitz@xs4all.nl> <20161214225633.160d9d06ddb0ae4a380ccf82@bidouilliste.com>

On 2016-12-14 22:56, Emmanuel Vadot wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 22:50:19 +0100
> "John W. Kitz" <John.Kitz@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>> Ian,

>> > What you are seeing on the freebsd console is the devices that the
>> software running on the cubieboard provides.  Even fresh out of the
>> box, it
>> is > running something (presumably some linux or android distro that
>> gets
>> put into the nand flash at the factory).
>>
>> > This has nothing to do with freebsd.  You'd see the same thing if you
>> plugged it into a windows system.
>>
>> Thanks for pointing that out; I was already aware of that, but my
>> question
>> was: which storage devices on the board do da0, da1 and da2 represent
>> 'as
>> seen', if you will, from and on the FreeBSD system to which it is
>> attached?
>>
>> Regards, Jk.
>
>  Probably none.
>  What the software running on the board is doing is called usb gadget
> mode. It uses the OTG port to act as a device and it seems that it act
> as some multiple usb disk. But this doesn't mean that the device it's
> exporting match some device on the board. It could be directory or file
> on the filesystem.

Ian,

The question may not have been related to running FreeBSD on a
cubieboard (yet), but it did involve FreeBSD, albeit on AMD64 and a ARM
board. That's why I posted it here.

Emmanuel,

That clarified it for me, thanks.

Regards, Jk.

--
This email and any attachment is for authorized use by the intended
information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be