Date:      Fri, 10 May 2002 11:01:06 -0700
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>
To:        Vladimir Savichev <vlad@ariel.phys.wesleyan.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mod_php4 WITH_APACHE2  won't compile

Quoting Vladimir Savichev <vlad@ariel.phys.wesleyan.edu>:

| Trying to compile in ports  mod_php4 WITH_APACHE2 ( apache2 compiled
| WITH_THREADS)
| results in

Vladimir,

A bit off topic but could be important.

I was using mod_php4 with Apache2 and had a lot of problems.  Yesterday on the
ports list I saw a patch from Alex Dupre <sysadmin@alexdupre.com> to the
ports/37612 PR [New Port] PHP Development version that changed the version
from php4-STABLE-200204300000.tar.bz2 to php4-STABLE-200205090000.tar.bz2.
I got the original 37612, applied the patch, did make install and seem to
have completely eliminated the signal 10 error that I was getting and
improved performance.  You might want to give it a try.

I could attach the patched port that I made yesterday to a private email if
you want.

ed