Date:      Mon, 04 Jun 2012 07:22:04 +0200
From:      Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu>
To:        Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
Cc:        bf1783@gmail.com, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Shared object "libpng.so.6"

2012-06-03 18:26, Kevin Oberman skrev:

>>> removed manually, if portmaster hasn't already done so.  Here it looks
>>> like your new build of kde3libs is sloppily linking against the old
>>> version of kde3libs that you still have installed, and which still
>>
>> Obviously I meant kdelibs3 in the above -- this is starting to make me
>> dizzy, too.
>
> At this point I have to think that it is not cairo that is the issue,
> but something cairo is depending on that is referencing libpng.so.6.
>
> What I normally would have suggested, but failed to do in this case
> because cairo seemed like the obvious culprit, was to install
> sysutils/bsdadminscripts and run 'pkg_libchk -o | grep png" to track
> down ports that still depend on the old libpng. It will take a few
> minutes to run.
>
> I suspect something cairo links to (but is not in the listed depends)
> is needs to be re-built.

This was  very helpful! 'pkg_libchk -o | grep png" gave me around 28
ports which I removed. Then I did the command again just to see if there
was any offending ports left.

The machine has been building ports through the night but has now
stopped on a different error. I will post a new message on that.

Thank you :-)