Date:      Sat, 6 Nov 1999 14:28:30 -0800
From:      Marc Wandschneider <MarcW@Lanfear.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   adding xntpd to startup

bluagh!

	I'd like to run xntpd.  I've set up an /etc/ntp.conf file, and
now the only problem is that I'm not sure how to add something to
"system startup".  Do I just go ahead and

	xntpd &

	somewhere in my /etc/rc file ??

	as a second question, my machine will a. sync time from another
server on the net, and b. hopefully serve NTP requests on my LAN.  All i
need then is the following in my ntp.conf:

	server aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd

	?  i didn't see any config options to allow it to act as a
server on the LAN in non-broadcast situations.

	thanks for any insight!

	marc.