Date:      Wed, 9 Jun 1999 09:47:03 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Antti Kaipila <kaipila@iconmedialab.fi>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   CCD and strange hang

I have two 10G hard drives and I have been trying to get them mirrored
with ccd. I have got /var (100MB) mirrored fine. But I'm experiencing
total hangup of the machine when trying to configure one disk ccd with the
slice ment as the second part of the /usr (9380MB) ccd.

Here's my slice layout from disk no. 1:

wd0s1a  <none>           40MB *
wd0s1b  swap            261MB SWAP
wd0s1e  <none>          100MB *
wd0s1f  <none>         9380MB *

I don't see anything in the logs. The machine just hangs totaly when I
issue the ccdconfig command (ccdconfig ccd2 32 none /dev/wd1s1h)

I have 4 ccd drivers in kernel.
OS version is FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE

Any ideas? I'm at a loss here. Please CC me, I'm not on the list.

Thanks.

--
  Antti Kaipila <kaipila@iconmedialab.fi>