Date:      Wed, 02 Jul 2003 09:44:28 +1000
From:      Peter Grehan <peterg@ptree32.com.au>
To:        Sean_Welch@alum.wofford.org
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Attempting to cross-compile newest -CURRENT

Hi Sean,

> I figured I'd double check my procedure with you.
>
> I'm still using the following for a make command:
>
> make -DNO_BIND -DNOINFO -DNOGAMES -DNOPROFILE -DNOCRYPT -DNOSECURE -DNOLIBC_R -DNO_IPFILTER -DNOFORTH -DNO_FORTH TARGET_ARCH=powerpc buildworld | & tee /tmp/powerpc.log
>
> Are all of these options still needed?  (It sure would be nice
> to have an ssh!)

 PPC buildworld is done with "-DNOLIBC_R -DNOFORTH". You shouldn't have to use -DNO_WARN.

 DES has a periodic tinderbox build for PPC (and other arches), with the results up at
    http://triangle.rtp.FreeBSD.Org/~des/

 That's a good option to see if there's generic build-breakage (e.g. the recent
/rescue problems, which were fixed as of a few minutes ago).

> The patch I used on /usr/src is as follows (please post a new
> copy if this one has problems):

 I think that's a little out of data. The only file that needs to be patched
now is rs6000/config/freebsd.h, and the diff is at

  www.freebsd.org/~grehan/freebsd.h.diff

later,

Peter.