Date:      Mon, 20 May 2002 22:48:57 +0900 (KST)
From:      CHOI Junho <cjh@kr.FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        cjh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 1000baseSX support in em/gx/wx?

From: CHOI Junho <cjh@kr.FreeBSD.org>
Subject: 1000baseSX support in em/gx/wx?
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 18:51:28 +0900 (KST)

> Recently I have a chance to test Gigabit ethernet card based on
> 82543GC-F chipset based(Intel Pro/1000 F adapter, I think. It is at
> data center so I didn't see the board) with FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE.
>
> The problem is that FreeBSD does detect the card, but can't do
> networking.

I changed the cable and it nicely works with em(4) driver. Sorry!

BTW, is there any result of performance test of this gigabit driver,
or any advice to tune this system for maximum HTTP traffic? My system
is  PIII-1G, 1G RAM, 18G Atlas 10k U-SCSI, Intel ServerWorks NB6635
board.

--
 +++ Any opinions in this posting are my own and not those of my employers +++
 CHOI Junho [sleeping now]                    <http://www.kr.FreeBSD.org/~cjh>;