Date:      Sun, 25 Mar 2001 19:33:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Michael Richards" <michael@fastmail.ca>
To:        obrien@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boot Loader Progress...

--------------Boundary-00=_D74S6RB00M3NTT4D7TH0

> Yes, freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org -- TRUST ME, many of us will try
> them and get them committed if they help the situation

Any ideas on the history of this bug?
Has the loader always been broken?
Does it work on any platform or just not my AS1200?
It must work on some platforms, otherwise nobody would have a booting
version of FreeBSD. Since I dd'd the 2.88mb floppy to the hard drive
and it still won't work, I assume that I'm an unlucky one.
Since open is not working, it may be in the low level block read code
for the filesystem, or it might be some mis-ported ufs code. Has
anyone been able to get this loader to use the tftp loader to net-
boot?

-Michael