Date:      Sat, 27 May 2000 10:49:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make release

On 27-May-00 Kent Stewart wrote:
> I've used CVS but not enough to remember the proper terminology. What
> has my interest is getting people started with 4.0-Stable. A build
> world of some of these machines won't take forever but it's close :).
> I know most of them will go with the CD subscription if I can get them
> interested.

Do note that daily builds of 4.x are performed and put up for FTP
installation at releng4.FreeBSD.org.  -current snapshots are available
from current.FreeBSD.org as well.  If you have the bandwidth, it's
probably easier to just install from those machines instead of going
to the hassle of rolling your own release.