Date:      Sat, 11 Feb 2012 08:41:00 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, Joe Holden <lists@rewt.org.uk>
Subject:   Re: Max FIBS

On 11. Feb 2012, at 08:35 , Julian Elischer wrote:

> On 2/8/12 1:28 PM, Joe Holden wrote:
>> Julian Elischer wrote:
believe? Is there any scope for the number being increased?
>>> it was designed to be able to be expanable... there is only the one =
place.
>>>=20
>>> there are upcoming FIB changes and it may be a good oportunity to =
change this in 10..
>>>=20
>> aha, I was under the impression that it was limited due to mbuf size, =
not sure where I read that - think it was a commit from a while back.
>=20
> you are correct.. the one limitation is the mbufs
> but we can maybe change the mbuf layout a little in 10
> which will allow for more FIBs

We are basically waiting for someone to touch mbufs for real and to be =
able
to do the full performance re-evaluation but I guess we'd also like to =
have
the secondary zone to die etc all in the same go...

Meanwhile updating the limit locally isn't too hard; it's a couple of =
line
change.

/bz

--=20
   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!