Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 1997 14:31:07 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Ian Pallfreeman <ip@albatross.mcc.ac.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   make mfs /tmp bigger?

My repository/cvsupd/mirror machine is bleating about /tmp filling up during
the overnight jobs, and I'm running /tmp as mfs. How do I increase the size?

	bash# grep tmp /etc/fstab
	/dev/sd0b                   /tmp            mfs     rw,-s=131072 0 0
	bash# mount /tmp
	bash# df /tmp
	Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
	mfs:11035       31391        1    28879     0%    /tmp

I suspect this is something to do with the "fake disklabel" in newfs.c; I've
tried twiddling various numbers to no avail -- I seem to be hitting this 32Mb
limit whatever I put in there!

TIA,

Ian.
--
 Network Unit, SNOT Team, Manchester Computing, The University, Manchester, UK.
     mail: ip@mcc.ac.uk | phone: +44-161-275-6006 | fax: +44-161-275-6040