Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2000 21:44:30 +0100
From:      "Morten Seeberg" <morten@seeberg.dk>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Boot-loader

Hi, I just installed 3.4-RELEASE on an old Olivetti 386 box (it a cool
little machine), but whenever I want it to boot another kernel than GENERIC,
my boot looks like this:

/kernel text=0x11c83e -
elf_loadexec: archsw.readinh failed
Unable to load kernel:
Aborted!

Hit [Enter] to boot immediately, or any other key for command prompt.
Booting [kernel]...
/kernel text=0x11c83e -
elf_loadexec: archsw.readinh failed
canīt load 'kernel'

Any idea? how can the error occur even before it starts loading the kernel?

I tried several kernel ,some built on the machine, som on others,
kernel.GENERIC always works.
one of the kernels I trieds I only changed the name in the kernel, so that
cant be it?

I also tried remaking and installing the bootloader (/sys/boot) no luck.