Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 1997 09:31:03 +0900 (JST)
From:      hosokawa@ntc.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        markd@Grizzly.COM
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com, grady@scam.xcf.berkeley.edu, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, hosokawa@ntc.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: recommendation for FreeBSD laptop configuration for sound production?

In article <199708212238.PAA29388@osprey.grizzly.com>
markd@Grizzly.COM writes:

>> I have my eye on the new Tohsiba T300CT:

I think it's good laptop, but the spec of the CardBus bridge
(Toshiba-original CardBus bridge) of this machine is unavailable :-<.

I've got the datasheets of TI's PCI-1130 and Cirrus Logic's PD-6832,
and I'm working on these chips with 3.0-current.  Currently, modified
pcic.c can drive PCI-1130 as 16-bit PC-card-compatible adapter on most
PCI-1130 machines (I've found that original 3.0-current pcic.c does
not work on some PCI-1130 machines.  For example, I've tried to use it
on two PCI-1130 machines. It works on Fujitsu FMV-NP, but it does not
work on RIOS Chandra).

PD-6832 support is still incomplete (especially on some machines with
two PD-6832's on PCI bus) and I'm debugging the code now.

--
HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi
Network Technology Center