Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:50:27 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Alexander V Zubchenko <stalker@hermes-comp.zp.ua>
To:        "Koeller, Manfred" <Manfred.Koeller@Dresdner-Bank.com>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problems while installing FreeBSD 4.4

Greetings!

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Koeller, Manfred wrote:

> Actually I tried to choose the graphic installation which shows me 7
> hardware conflicts in the list. After deselecting these components I say
> SAVE but my guess is that it doesn't save anything at all due to the fact
> that he cannot write to the CD drive.
It don't write on floppies either. Instead save in memory and add to
installed system configuration. Because the only reboot in install
process is _after_ install ;-) so this changes don;t necessary to b
written on boot media. Boot from floppies may remedy your problem.
But, imho, this is incorrect configuration before kernel load.

> pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x11c1, dev=0x5811) at 13.0

Provide full boot sequence output if this is possible. Give info about
changes, that You've made, pls.

With respect,

Alexander V Zubchenko,		E-Mail: stalker@hermes-comp.zp.ua
System Administrator,		WWW: http://www.hermes-comp.zp.ua/