Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 1997 19:51:27 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.DIALix.COM>
To:        Pedro Giffuni <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu>, committers@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   gcc-2.7.2.2? Re: ports freeze in 9 1/2 hours

Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Satoshi Asami wrote:
> > =

> > This is your last chance!
> > =

> Well..there=B4s not much I can do right now, but here it goes:
> Our g77 port is outdated and broken (requires gcc-2.6.3) The new g77
> version (g77-0.5.20) explicitly requires gcc-2.7.2.2 so I guess it coul=
> be considered unbroken.
> The maintainer never responded but, who knows? someone can make a
> suicidal attempt...
> =

> Pedro.

gcc-2.7.2.2? ?!??  Who? What? How? Where? When?

I presume we'd like the version in src/contrib tree updated?

Back when I did the gcc-2.7.2.1 conversion, I very nearly did g77 along =

with it, but was running out of energy.. When I discovered that we had f2=
c =

already and had hooks for gcc's driver so that it can "compile" f77 files=
, =

I figured that was a good excuse to bail out right then.

Should we swap f2c out and bring in g77 in it's place?

Cheers,
-Peter