Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 1997 11:22:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen  <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   mildly amusing SMP problem...

I've supped as of 9/11/97, and built a new kernel.

Right after it prints SMP: CPU#1 luanched

console outout just stops.  The system does continue booting, and comes
up, but can't see jack.  Dropping back to an earlier kernel works fine.

The other problem is that after a make world and reboot, whenever I login
with ssh, my screen is always 1 character behind (in xterm).

ie, I'm at the # prompt.  I type an l, nothing happens.  type the s, the l
appears.  Hit return, the s appears.  Hit return again, I get the output.
I'm hoping it's just some weird ssh issue, and am recompiling to make
sure.

But the console output is just bonkers.

Nope, rebuilding ssh and restring it  didn't do it.

Maybe it's an XFree86 problem.  Using telnet seems to work OK.