Date:      Sun, 27 Sep 1998 17:10:58 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        shimon@simon-shapiro.org
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X11R6 and CAM (??)

Simon Shapiro wrote...
> I know the ports are not dow yet, but this one does not seem ELF related,
> rather... CAM (??) releated;  The following errors started cropping up just
> about when CAM was checked in.  I searched for these symbols and cannot
> find them.  Any clue?
>
> gcc -O2   -I. -I./lib/Xt -I. -I./X11  -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/include
> -DCSRG_BASED  -DHAVE_SYS_PARAM_H -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO   -c
> freebsd_system.c
> freebsd_system.c:147: `DK_NDRIVE' undeclared here (not in a function)
> freebsd_system.c:147: `DK_NAMELEN' undeclared here (not in a function)
> freebsd_system.c:196: `DK_NDRIVE' undeclared here (not in a function)
> freebsd_system.c: In function `total_disk_transfers':
> freebsd_system.c:278: `DK_NDRIVE' undeclared (first use this function)
> freebsd_system.c:278: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> freebsd_system.c:278: for each function it appears in.)
> freebsd_system.c: In function `collect_stats':
> freebsd_system.c:310: `DK_NDRIVE' undeclared (first use this function)
> freebsd_system.c:385: `MOUNT_NFS' undeclared (first use this function)
> freebsd_system.c: In function `get_namelist':
> freebsd_system.c:483: `DK_NDRIVE' undeclared (first use this function)
> *** Error code 1

You fail to mention what port you're building.  This isn't X related, or
ELF related, or even CAM related.

One of the things that went into the tree along with CAM was the devstat
code.  See devstat(3) and devstat(9).  It's a new statistics gathering
package that replaces the old dkstat code, which was limited in a number
of ways.

It looks like whatever port you've got there needs to be converted to use
the devstat code instead of the dkstat code.

If you, or someone else, does the conversion, I'd suggest making it
autodetect whether the system in question has devstat and then use the
appropriate statistics gathering mechanisms.  An easy way to test for this
in a Makefile would be:

.if exists(/usr/include/devstat.h)
CFLAGS+= FREEBSD_DEVSTAT   (or whatever you want)
.endif

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry