Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2006 00:54:55 +0200
From:      "Markus Hoenicka" <markus.hoenicka@mhoenicka.de>
To:        Lars Engels <lars.engels@0x20.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 915resolution failure on 6.1

Lars Engels writes:
 > do other Linux apps run properly? Do you have linux_enable="YES" in
 > your /etc/rc.conf?
 > Have you installed the 915resolution tool manually or via the port?

Good point. After upgrading, acroread failed with the same error
message. I've continued to fiddle with the linux-related ports (which
portupgrade somehow managed to botch) and finally got closer. The main
fix was to add the linux_base_8.x package from the CD. I and
portupgrade thought linux_base_fc4.x was sufficient but we were both
wrong here. 915resolution now indeed works and does its magic. Thanks
so far.

Although it is getting off-topic for the mobile list, I'm still
struggling with acroread which complains about a missing
libXext.so.6. Both the native lib in /usr/X11R6/lib and the linux
version in /compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib are installed. Any clue?

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka