Date:      Sun, 10 Jul 2005 14:44:40 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>
To:        zhoumin <zhoumin@net.pku.edu.cn>
Cc:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: gmake

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 10:51:06PM +0800, zhoumin wrote:
>    Hi,my name is zhoumin. I installed the package:gamke-3.80_2.tbz.But the
> command still can't run.I got this error message:
>            "ELF interpreter /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found".
> but I found the file in that directory--/usr/libexec.
>   Could you give me any suggestion?

Hi Zhoumin, this isn't the correct list for that sort of question.
You also didn't provide much information for someone to understand the
problem.  Try typing 'pkg_add -r gmake' to automatically download the
correct package for your system and install it.  If that doesn't work,
please send this to questions@FreeBSD.org and include more information
such as the release of FreeBSD you are using and where you got the
package you are trying to install.

You could also just try building from ports:

# cd /usr/ports/devel/gmake
# make all install clean

- Murray