Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 14:13:03 -0500
From:      Mark.Hummel@hurlburt.af.mil
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Port Install Problem.  Please Help

I've been trying to install /usr/ports/cad/qcad with no success.

The make install attempts to ftp the port from a nonexistent URL
(ultraviolet.org).

I tried to modify the Makefile to go to the ports collection on the FreeBSD
site with no success

I downloaded the tarball and tried to install it with  # tar xvzf
qcad-1.4.1.tar.gz which does extract it into various directories within
/qcad.  I cd to the bin directory and found an executable file called qcad,
but it wouldn't run.

I accidentally removed everything from the /usr/ports/cad/qcad directory
(including the makefile of course so I no longer have a make option).

I've read the handbook and manually downloaded the package from freebsd.org,
but pkg_add isn't working like the handbook describes.  Any suggestions?

Mark