Date:      Tue, 26 Apr 2011 11:35:32 -0400
From:      Gardner Bell <gardnerbell@gmail.com>
To:        bschmidt@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 04:25:26PM +0200, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 26, 2011 15:15:45 Gardner Bell wrote:
> > >
> > > Can you reproduce that?
> >
> > So far I've not been able to reproduce this.
>
> Ok. I assume this only happens when loosing the connection and trying
> to re-associate. At least that is the only possible scenario I can
> think of where a timeout for mgmt frames is involved. Probably we
> aren't bumping a refcount correctly or something. Actually that sounds
> rather plausible as it panics exactly when trying to access ni which
> should, for a station, always point to iv_bss, which can in turn be
> free'd almost unconditionally if someone's telling net80211 to
> associate to another (or even the same) network. Hmm.. tracing refcount
> it is.
>
> Were you running wpa_supplicant at that point? Any messages before
> the panic happened?

Yes, I'm running wpa_supplicant with the following settings:

network={
    ssid="xxxxx"
    psk="xxxxx"
}

Other settings for the wireless card I have in rc.conf:

wlans_ath0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"
ifconfig_wlan0_alias0="inet 192.168.0.12 netmask 0xffffffff"

The last messages seen on the console before the panic are wlan0:
ieee80211_new_state_locked: pending SCAN -> AUTH transition lost
and several UP/DOWN events.

--
Gardner Bell