Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 1997 14:41:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to select file for ftp ?

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:

> I'd like to ftp(ing) all the directory of the packages on
> ftp.freebsd.org, but I don't like to get the local files too (i.e
> japanese, russians, etc etc ).
>
> Is possible to specify this in any way without having to specify all the
> names ?

The package directory is several megabytes.  You are better to just
download the packages you want.

You can fetch whole directories by adding '.tar.gz' after the directory
name, so if you want the packages/russian/ directory, do:

cd packages
get russian.tar.gz

Warning, these directories will be *big*.