Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:42:13 -0800
From:      admin <admin@imediaconsultants.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to fix a crash

My main drive temporaily stopped responding and a series of errors came
up so I had to turn off the computer.

When I restarted it said:

Warning; was not properly dismounted... and I couldn't read the rest and
then it ran a series of errors:
fstab: /etc/fstab:16490: Inappropriate file type or format
fstab: /etc/fstab:(another number): Inappropriate file type or format
(ETC for a while......)
Then:
mount: can't find fstab entry for /.
Filesystem mount faied, startup aborted.

In /etc/ fstab is not there fstab.bok is there.  I am stuck in a read
only mode also.

Any ideas.